1. Head southwest on S Lakeview Dr toward Madison St. (S Lakeview Becomes Madison)
2. Turn right onto S 8th St/ US-10
3. Turn left onto WI-42 S/County Rd Jj/Waldo Blvd/US-10
4. Turn right to merge onto I-43 N
5. Take exit 180 to merge onto WI-172 W
6. Take the exit onto US-41 N
7. Take exit 169 for WI-29/WI-32 N
8. Turn left onto WI-29 W/Shawano Ave
9. Merge onto US-51 N
10. Take exit 191A to merge onto WI-29 W toward Abbotsford/Chippewa Falls
11. Take exit 75A to merge onto US-53 S toward Eau Claire
12. Take exit 87 for US-12 W
13. Turn right onto U.S. 12 W/E Clairemont Ave
14. Turn left onto Hendrickson Dr/Wisconsin Trunk 37 S
15. Turn left onto Craig Rd
16. Turn left onto W MacArthur Ave
Total: 236 mi - about 4 hours 17 mins
The Eau Claire trip is simply a contiunation of the previous S.S. Badger trip which originated in Bear Lake Michigan early that morning. This is the last leg of the day trip after sailing across Lake Michigan.
It's a short video but I thought I'd include it anyhow since it was an enjoyable ride through central Wisconsin.
The music is provided by my good friend Ron Stewart. He supplied one of his latest tunes entitled Living in a Dream. It a slow, hypnotic song with excellent lead guitar and fits perfectly for this ride.
This leg ends up at the Super 8 motel in Eau Clare. Make sure to watch the youtube video and look at the map. This should serve as a guide for bikers traveling from Michigan to biker rallies in the west, most notably, Sturgis.
There are a few highlights along the way, starting with a ride through downtown Manitowok, Wisconsin. One road through town (US-10/8th St) is typical of what I love about quaint midwestern towns with neat old buildings, gothic churches and many shops and restaurants.
After passing around the west side of Green Bay, the ride travels through vast open country and comes close to medium sized towns like Wausau and Chippewa Falls. There are many small towns like Shawano and Abbotsford along the way, so there's no need to worry about fuel.
The destination, Eau Claire, is a large city with plenty of lodging and places to catch dinner and is a good place to stay.
Click Play Button In Center Of Images To Watch Youtube Videos